Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Surgery Day (Updated!)

Mason's surgery went as expected and he is resting just fine this evening. We got to see him for the first time around noon I believe - trust me Amy will correct me on that - and about 15 minutes after that he was in Mom's arms and has been there pretty much ever since. I held him for roughly an hour around 4 o'clock but before and after that he wouldn't let Amy put him down. When Mia and I left the hospital around 8:30 tonight he was still in Mom's arms. Although Amy texted me shortly after we left to let me know he let her put him down...so at least she got to eat the yogurt I brought her up from the cafeteria.

There is a chance he could be discharged on Thursday....BUT....there is still a lot we have to learn about the G/J tube and when they started feeding him tonight for the first time they did so using a new, higher calorie formula. I'm a little concerned he may have issues with that given how sensitive he was to us introducing new formula's at home. I wished they would have started him back out on his old formula and then let us slowly introduce new things at home. I guess we'll see what happens. What do mom and dad know!

Thanks to all of those who kept Mason in their thoughts and prayers today. It was a fairly 'simple' procedure compared to the heart surgeries Mason has been through, however, as we HLHS parents know anything can happen at anytime. Let's hope for a quick recovery, discharge, and no complications. As soon as we get some pictures of the little guy without a NG tube taped to his face, we will post them. We'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I found your blog from Janel on Facebook. My daughter Aly is 1, has HLHS and is also treated at U of M. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you that we are keeping Mason in our thoughts and prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason, Granny loves you so much and is praying that everything will go smoothly for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Mason!

    The Lentine's

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad surgery went well and that Mason is resting. He is such a trouper--as are all of his beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete