Friday, July 23, 2010

On our way to U of M

Today starts our trip to Michigan for Mason's G-tube surgery. Randy and I decided that we would try to break up the trip a little so we are attempting to leave tonight as soon as we got off of work. We plan to stay at Granny's house tonight. Mia is very excited about this. I don't think she realizes that we will only be there long enough to sleep and then on the road again. Yes, the whole family is coming on this trip. Mia was given the option of staying at Granny's or going to Michigan. I was shocked to here that she wanted to go with us. She said that she wanted to go to the 8th floor. This is the Family Resource Center at the hospital that includes an outdoor playground from the top of the building. It is amazing! I think she is also interested in seeing her favorite nurse, Sarah, again. If you remember, this is the nurse that she named her life-size Barbie doll after. Well, it is 4 am and I must get Mason's food going and lots of things to do before we can leave. Seems like I leave everything for the last minute but I'm not sure when I would have time to get it done sooner. We will update you all when we get to Michigan. Please keep Mason in your thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery so that we can come home quickly.

Amy

1 comment: