Monday, July 12, 2010

One Year Ago

This weekend marked the one year anniversary of the day we took Mason home from the hospital. It was exactly 3 months - exactly 13 weeks - from the day that Mason was admitted to U of M. What a crazy ride that was! Since there were never any beds on the general floor, we were discharged out of Moderate Care. I remember thinking that I had never actually cared for Mason throughout the night. This was going to be the first time we had spent a complete 24 hours with him by ourselves. I had no idea how many times he would wake up in the middle of the night and he was 3 months old. I had never laid beside him in a bed and snuggled. I was so scared but so excited. The next 2 days we spent driving home across 5 states and he did great in the car. A year ago seems like such a long time ago yet the memories of our 3 month stay at hotel Mott are very vivid. And Mason has grown so much since that day. One word comes to mind - WOW!

Tonight Mason fell asleep on the living room floor snuggling with his Panda. I don't know what it is about Panda bears but he loves them. During our last trip to Michigan, Daddy bought Mason a stuff Panda and he can't get enough of it! It is so cute to watch Mason's reaction when you say, "Where's Panda?" He gets so excited just looking around the room until he finds him. Once Mason gets his hands on him, Panda received a big bite on the nose. That must be Mason's way of showing affection because his sister has received the same reaction when she gets that close to Mason's face. And for a couple of days, the bite marks can be seen on her nose! Tonight when he fell asleep with Panda, I snapped a few pictures of my sweet little man and his buddy.



3 comments:

  1. He is so precious! Kate loves panda's too. So glad to see Mason looking so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day, we were already home, but I remember crying in excitement for you. I am so glad we were together during our days at UofM. Even though we got to go home, I knew how much we would miss you! Yeah for Mason and his year of acomplishments!

    Love,
    Janel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also remember when I got the call that they were coming home, I had just returned home after spending the weekend up there. I was so excited for all of them and very concerned of all the new responsibilities associated with a child with Mason's condition. Amy & Randy have stepped up and faced every challenge, Mason couldn't have better parents to love and care for him.
    Barb/Mom/Granny

    ReplyDelete