Thursday, July 14, 2011

On the beach!


Okay first I want to correct myself from last night. Apparently Herbert Hoover was born in West Branch, Iowa. Not West Branch, Illinois. That goes to show you how much I was paying attention and/or how much I was in a trance from driving all day yesterday. Just use google for all of your Presidential facts from now on instead of Mason's website.

Anyway, we made it to Grand Haven, Michigan today. We got a hotel on Spring Lake right off of Lake Michigan and it's decent. We took the kids to the beach this evening, checking out one of the light houses while we were there. We then hit up an Italian restaurant before calling it a night. Surprisingly for how tired and out of it Amy and I were from driving all day, the beach recharged us. It was fun just to walk along the beach and take the view in. Mason was confined to his stroller so I don't know how much fun he had at the beach but he got plenty of running around time in at the restaurant. I know kids running around a restaurant can be annoying to others, but knowing what I know about Mason and his underlying condition, it's fun to watch him be a normal little boy!



Kids on the pier!



Lighthouse off of Grand Haven State Park



Mia posing in front of the "be careful walking on the pier sign"



Mason not wanting to pose for the camera!













No comments:

Post a Comment