Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MIA'S 6TH BIRTHDAY!!!!

As promised, this post is all about Mia and her 6th birthday party or I should say parties. I had to travel back to Missouri for some family stuff between Christmas and New Years and Mia went with me. Mia always does really good in the car for the over 4 hour drive - we have trained her well! She took a nap and then we stopped to buy her a new movie half-way through the trip to replace her favorite that broke and picked up some popcorn. Mia had her own little movie and a popcorn in the backseat! Granny asked if Mia could stay through the weekend so I returned to Wichita by myself. Mia had no idea what Granny had in store for her. What Mia thought was a visit to see her Great-Grandma and Grandpa, turned out to be a surprise party for her.

Here is Mia at her surprise party. She doesn't look excited at all, does she?

Daddy met Granny halfway and brought Mia home that Sunday. Mia had to leave some of her presents at Granny's because one in particular would only fit in Granny's Expedition (an almost 5 foot dollhouse - thank you Granny!) Mia returned to school for the week and we made cupcake shaped cookies to send to school on her birthday. They turned out pretty good and tasty if I do say so myself. Mason didn't want all the attention going to his sister so he created his own drama that day as well but that is the next post.

Mia also had her big birthday party at Pump It Up. This is a place that you can rent that has blown up bouncy toys - that is the best I can do to describe it. The pictures will do better. She invited her classmates and some of our friends. I think she had a good time!

In this picture you can see a few of the bouncy toys and Mia's friends having a good time.
So, this is not the first year we have had Mia's party at Pump It Up. Last year, Randy said that it was the best birthday party ever. It is fun for all ages! It was not surprising to see that Daddy and his friend join the group as well. It didn't get as rowdy as last year since there were only two of them! I think Randy would really like to have his party there, too!


By the way, today is Randy's birthday. Happy Birthday! No party at Pump It Up for him just a calm evening at home with a chocolate cake with store-bought frosting. It use to bother me that Randy preferred Betty Crocker over my frosting - I mean I learned it from my Grandma and even took 3 cake decorating classes. Okay, I'm still a little bitter. Moving on.


Mia hula hooping! Shake it, Birthday Girl!


After all the jumping around, the kids go to the party room where they get to have pizza and cupcakes and Mia gets to open her presents. She is the queen for the day!

This is a picture of all the kids that joined Mia at her birthday celebration!

I can't believe my baby girl is six! Where does the time go? She is growing up so fast and is getting so smart. It amazes me everyday how much she learns at school. She is reading books, adding numbers, counting money and telling time! Amazing!

We are so proud of you, Mia! We love you!

Mommy, Daddy and Mason

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday Mia!! So glad you were able to have such a super fun birthday party!

    ReplyDelete