Saturday, December 10, 2011

This just in - MASON'S FEEDING HAS BEEN REMOVED!

I couldn't wait to tell everyone that we just took Mason's tube out! We have been struggling with the decision and had been getting multiple opinions on how to approach this from doctors that we trust. We had decided to go with the "let's just take it out and see" approach. See if it leaks, that is. So, we decided tonight was the night. It went really good and only took 2 minutes including taping a bandage on the site. Now we put him to sleep for the night and see if it leaks when he eats and drinks in the morning. There could be a possibility that he could need a procedure to close it but we are hoping and praying that it will heal on its own. Mason did fabulous. As a matter of fact, seeing Santa tonight was harder than taking out his tube! So, here are the before, during and after pictures. I promise they are not bad.

Before

During (no tears!)

After

I am one proud Momma! I couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better. He is such a brave little boy. As I sit here and type this I have tears in my eyes. He has been through so much and has been so brave. Could I have been as brave? I don't think so. He has taught me so much in his short life. I am blessed!

Please keep Mason in your thoughts and prayers that he tube site heals on its own and won't need any additional attention!

5 comments:

  1. Praying for quick healing! Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Mason! This is such great news! We're all so happy that your doing so well! Amy and Randi I just think that you both are amazing parents, and I hope that Brandon and I will do as well as you both when its our time. Mason your such a brave lil man! Good luck and prayers are always being sent your way! BTW Grace our oldest daughter is collecting the pop tabs to send to the Ronald McDonald House! She is so super excited about doing this for others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace is doing such a good thing. Mia and I have been saving them for our local Rondald McDonald House too! We are planning on doing some baking and taking the pop tabs to them in the next couple weeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason is The Man! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to read your news on Mason. I agree with you - he is so brave. I can only imagine the feeling of joy you have. We will pray that all continues to go well and Mason will not need the extra surgery. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and Holiday Season! The Delperdangs

    ReplyDelete