Saturday, September 18, 2010

More Mason Firsts!

Mason seems to learn something new everyday. It is amazing! Here are some recent one.

Talking
Mason loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney!!! He gets so excited every time it comes on or if he know that you are going through the steps to pull up an episode on the DVR. If any of you watch it, you know about Toodles. Whenever they need a tool, they say "Oh, Toodles". Mason now says that with Mickey and his friends. So cute! Mason also can announce when he has passed gas by saying "Toot". So funny and so stinky!

Giving Kisses
Mason now will give kisses when asked. This may not seem like a big accomplishment for a 17 month old but for a 17 month old with oral aversion, it is a very big deal! This is a huge step for Mason and Mommy loves it. What's better than getting a kiss from your kids? Can't think of much.

Brushing Teeth
Mason loves to brush his teeth. If you ask him if he wants to brush his teeth, he gets so excited he can barely contain himself. So, I put a little water on his toothbrush and hand it to him. He holds the brush to his teeth and then moves his head back and forth. He hasn't figured out that he is suppose to move the brush rather than his head but it works. He even feel asleep with it in his hand the other night because every time I tried to take it away, he yelled at me.

Mason brushing his teeth.
Feeding
So, he isn't eating yet but we have made a little progress and I think it has a lot to do with him being more comfortable giving kisses. He has been putting more things in his mouth. Even kissing the cookies he plays with. He is doing really good.
Walking
Mason will stand at the sofa and walk back and forth. I have also tried to get him to stand by himself. I think he can do it but he gets scared and excited (he laughs the whole time we try). We will keep practicing!

Being Funny
Mason is always cracking us up which is not new. Mason recently took a liking to his sister's new sunglasses she brought home from school. He immediately put them on and wouldn't take them off. He didn't even care that they were on upside down. He put them on and wore them crawling all over the house.
Mason in sissy's sunglasses with a big smile (look at all those teeth)!

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited this weekend when Amy called....I got to hear Mason say "Hi Granny" for the first time. We are truly blessed to have this sweet little man in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I just love the xmas photos! It feels good to know that I am NOT the only parent out there that puts my kids in the same xmas jammies! I just love it! It looks like you got some happy kids there! Thats just awesome! I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday. I love the updates! Thanks Amy Anderson

    ReplyDelete